Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tokyo on a whim!

This was a vacation on a whim if I've ever seen one!  Aaron and I decided last week that we should spend 5 days of our 6 day Chuseok vacation in Tokyo!  It seemed as if we purchased the tickets, pinned down a hostel, and packed our bags (or in this case suitcase!) and we're off in a blink of an eye!  

Since I began writing this blog over 2 1/2 years ago, I have never missed a complete documentation, in blog form, of an overseas vacation!  So, you might have wondered why you weren't getting the scoop while we were gone on this trip to Tokyo.  Well, this time I decided that I was going to force myself to chill, relax, spend far less time on my computer, and not worry about remembering and recounting all the details of the trip!  Don't get me wrong, I love doing it, and thrive off of putting together pictures and creating a story for my family and friends to enoy!   But this time, I wanted the trip to just be about me and Aaron, not the blog!  So, that's what I did. :) 

I couldn't leave you completely out of the loop though.
With that said, I'm home now, and loaded some of my favorite pictures from thet trip. Most are loaded on facebook if you want to see the whole shabang!






























Aaron and I had such a great time together in Tokyo!  This was our first vacation away from the beach, and solely spent in a big city, which was a completely different feel!  I even got to wear heels and a dress one day!  We ate fancy dinners and cheap ones, walked miles and miles and miles everyday, people watched, watched Elvis impersonators dance at the entrance of a park, played Japanese Pachinco, went to the zoo, talked and laughed a lot, lounged in parks, took photographs, rode bikes, ate at McDonalds one too many times (It's so cheap!), paid for 5 minutes showers everyday, slept on the floor, gambled (kind of), ate yummy noodles, went to shrines and temples, played Japanese style arcade games (which are super fun!), drank coffee, did a little shopping, saw the city from the 45th floor of a highrise building, and ultimately fell more in love in the process of it all!  Can't beat a trip like that!

Just so you know... there's one more day to tell about!  When I have some extra time, I'll load some pictures from Tokyo Disneyland, which is where we spent our last full day! 
I may or may not still be on a bit of a high from it all! :)

2 comments:

  1. I always love your minute by minute reports during your vacas! However, I am really proud of you for doing it differently this time and just enjoying A and your adventure! And we still got a lot of fun pics, I think it worked out wonderfully! :) Glad you had such a great time! Looking forward to seeing Tokyo Disneyland!
    Love, Kirst

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you got relax Jill!!! I love the detailed pictures of course, but I am not sure I could ever be as diligent as you! :) Hope you're doing well chica!

    ReplyDelete