Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, February 18, 2010

Traveling Home

I was walking to my gate at the Korean airport this morning and recognized a familiar song in the air. It was, in fact, the US National Anthem! Now, what are the chances you would hear the US national anthem in Korea?! Well, incase you haven't figured it out yet, the olympics were playing throughout the place! I thought hearing my country's song was a nice way to begin my journey back to it!

Unfortunately, my plane wasn't quite as welcoming! My entertainment consisted of switching back and forth between "meditation radio" and "English top 40" which strangely was playing songs like "Mmmm Bop" by Hanson circa 2000... (Yes, Brittany Shedd, I thought of you and smiled!)

There was a redeeming part to my 1st flight though. It was when I became the Sudoku genius! There was a Chinese man in his 40's sitting next to me, hovering over my shoulder, watching me wiz through my sudoku puzzles (haha. How nerdy do I sound?!) He couldn't understand how I was solving them, and would clap and smile, in awe, at my sudoku geniusness whenever I would finish one! It was the best part of my day so far! :)

I'm now sitting safely in the Beijing airport, laptop in hand, enjoying the 1st hour of my 7 hour layover here! YAY! (insert sarcasm)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post a Comment