Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Monday, December 12, 2011

Jet setting...

Thanks to Korea's generosity in giving me an extra 2 weeks paid vacation in February for re-signing my contract, I'll be jet setting with Aaron over to Boracay Island in the Philippines for the last 14 days of February.  Not great on the wallet, but great on the body!  We all need a little relaxation, don't we?!

I was excited when we booked our flights, but didn't get pretty butterflies in my stomach until Aaron found THIS PLACE!  My initial reaction was NO WAY!  A place on the water in Boracay would be a fortune! Since Boracay Island is home to one of the worlds top 5 beaches, most resort hotels are OUTRAGEOUSLY expensive and even the hostels aren't exactly South East Asian prices like we're used to paying.  BUT, this place is only $56 a night (still about 2 - 3x's more than most places we've been), but I can dive into the ocean from my own room for heavens sake!

February 16th just can't get here fast enough!
*** As a side note, I'm coming home to America NEXT WEEK!  Hallelujah!

5 comments:

  1. hey! it's your friendly Blog stalker Mae, friend of Nicole Mantle....(not sure if my first comment posted) but saw that you'll be in the Philippines and Boracay the same time I'll be there vacationing with my family. SMALL WORLD! We'll be there 27-29th! My 2nd time visiting...so incredibly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Mae, that's awesome! Why did you chose the Phillippines? It's so far from the US? How long will you be there and where else will you be going! If you happen to see me, please stop and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was born in the Philippines but moved to the states when I was 11 months old. I still have family there and visit when we can. I will be going to Manila with family for my cousins wedding and then after taking a quick vacation to Boracay. I went to Boracay a few years ago but my hubbie and girls have not. Very excited for them to see its beauty. You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I wish I had relatives living in a foreign country to go visit for weddings! Lucky, lucky! This will actually be my 2nd time to Boracay too! But this will be A and Is first time together! Can't wait! Where are u staying?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize that you have been there before...and I read your blog daily! haha. I think we are staying at some red coconut something rather beach resort....not the pretty place you are staying! I think we looked there! We are traveling there with my parents, aunt and uncle, 2 cousins and their wives and brother and sis in law and my 2 lil rugrats....should be a great time! Crazy if I ran into you!

    ReplyDelete