Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Saturday, November 12, 2011

I love us!

To be honest, I've been feeling abnormally bored l in the last couple weeks.  I haven't been inspired to get up and go hiking, explore the city, check out new restaurants, or sip on coffee at hip coffee shops.  Ever get in one of those funks?  I will say though, thanks to http://www.pinterest.com/, I've been slowly being bitten by the creative bug and have been inspired to create once again!  Hallelujiah!  I found this darling sign on pinterest, courtesy, originally, of lovelylittlesnippets!  Darling, right?!  I loved the phrase, loved the look, and knew I could replicate it!

So, I did!

I went to Daiso, Korea's equivalent of the Dollar General back home and picked up a wooden tray ($1.00), which I flipped upside down and painted on the underneath side.  Since Korea's art supplies are limited, I had to get creative and resourceful!  With that said, I bought a white paint board marker ($1.00), 1 small tube of avocado green paint ($1.00), and an eyeshadow brush ($1.00) to double as my paintbrush!  Like I said, you have to be resourceful around here! 

For a grand total of $4.00, I happen to love how my little DIY sign turned out.

And lucky for me, I actually do happen to love us, so it works out quite nicely! (wink, wink) 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, this is so cute Jilly! You are so creative and yours is really much cuter than the original. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so cute, i love it! you've inspired me...mind if i copy one for my house? :)

    ReplyDelete